Dear LBB Adland Santa,
We’d love to tell you we’ve behaved but you see everything, so why start this letter with a lie? Regardless we’d like to ask you for a few fairly simple things that would help us behave better in 2023:
- A box of work-life balance.
- An ad my mom likes that kills it at Cannes.
- A brand new “Teams” ringtone. The current one is sort of an anxiety trigger.
- A few mental health days
- Loads of work that makes us laugh.
- Less manifestos.
- A bag of clients who trust their agencies.
- One campaign with a Bad Bunny song.
- A dozen great long-copy campaigns.
- No more “covid” advertising.
- Diversity and gender equality, inside the agency and not just in the ads.
- Paid pitches. (And is it too much to ask for teams to get bonuses for winning pitches?)
- A SuperBowl with adverts that are fun to watch.
- Less influencer marketing.
- Commercials with magical realism. (I’m looking at you Juan Cabral.)
- Equal pay.
- A few memorable radio ads.
- Two months of remote working from wherever.
- Less brands trying to force their way into gaming.
- “Goodvertising” that helps people (and doesn't just help to win awards).
- Life-work balance.
We don’t think we’re asking for much, but if you’re busy with everyone else’s requests maybe you can just focus on the first and last item.
Germán Rivera and Diego Vieira
Senior Creatives LOLA MullenLowe Madrid